We are a dynamic and established law and lobby firm located in Edmonton and seeking a Paralegal.
We seek a team player who is versatile, strong skilled, yet fun and engaging! This person will become part of the team and we would work with you to develop your skills and abilities in a number of areas, with an objective to also obtain any certifications.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
· Legal assistance duties to include assisting to:
· Answer the telephone, schedule appointments and meetings, greet visitors and handle administrative and business details.
· Open correspondence, co-ordinate the flow of information and respond to routine inquiries.
· Work with others (i.e. Courts, Tribunals, CIPO, etc.) and assist review, filing and communication of outgoing documents to ensure they are correct and comply with third party procedures.
· Access and use online legal resources (Be able to pull case law by citation or case name from Quicklaw or Canlii).
· No fear in learning the operation of sophisticated office equipment such as voice mail messaging systems, photocopying machines and computer scanning equipment (training included).
· Bank runs, court running/filing, ordering supplies.
· Candidate should possess excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent memory/organization and time management skills, the ability to maintain accuracy and ability to pay careful attention to detail, personal integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Other related day to day office management related duties as required!
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Post-secondary education completed-minimal diploma in paralegal, legal assistant, business or related discipline (preferable, not required).
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
· Professional attitude, loyalty, and demeanor.
· Extremely well organized, confident, and able to work closely with partners including attending to some personal matters.
· Personal integrity, firm “fit”, and the ability to maintain confidentiality are the most important factors.
Training, Compensation and Benefits
We will offer very comprehensive, unparalleled training opportunities (including education and skills training in legal matters, systems and software), an industry-competitive salary and full optional supplemental benefits!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted, and we thank you in advance for your interest.
No in-person (drop off) resumes will be accepted. Your resume should include a one (1) page cover letter that outlines why you would enjoy working with Alberta Counsel, a summary of your experience/aptitude with technology, and a unique personal experience you would care to share with us. Please email [email protected].