Join us May 27, 11am for a special, one-hour, media training presentation provided by Doug Downs of JGR Communications. Doug is a former Alberta journalist who has been doing media training with some of Alberta’s biggest organizations (and some of the smallest) for the last 20 years. He’s also training municipal, provincial, and federal politicians.
In this hour Doug will provide a modern perspective on:
- Why journalists behave the way they do
- How to prepare when they ask you for an interview
- Developing your key messages strategically
- Structural response techniques (so you don’t wing it, and blow it)
- Different interview formats
- Avoiding the mid-interview disaster
- Dealing with unfair or angry journalists
- Managing your nerves (if you don’t get nervous, we’re nervous for you)
Three participants will also receive a free copy of the JGR book “Media Training – Game Plan.” We’ll make that selection drawing names from a hat.